By Andy Loigu
Fundraising for the Evan Murray Scholarship Fund, several local musical organizations came together to provide a one-of-a-kind concert for its audience.
“Music for Murray,” in recognition of the Warren Hills High School quarterback who passed away earlier this year, raised approximately $1,500 for the scholarship set up in his honor. The event was held on Nov. 22 at the Hackettstown High School gym.
The audience was entertained by stirring performances from several community groups:
• Colonial Musketeers Junior Fife and Drum Corps of Hackettstown
• Trinity Ringers, from Trinity United Methodist Church of Hackettstown, directed by Jill Fedon
• CuChullain Pipe Band of Morris County
• Hackettstown High School Tigers Marching Band, accompanied by the Tigers Color Guard and Cheerleaders
• Warren Hills Blue Streaks Marching Band, accompanied by the Blue Streaks Color Guard
• Hackettstown Community Band
• Slattery School of Irish Dance of Hackettstown and Mendham.
For a grand final number, the performers joined together for a moving rendition of Amazing Grace.
The event was made possible thanks to the following sponsors: Hackettstown and Warren Hills Band Boosters; Applebees, Mountain Ave. in Hackettstown; Frank’s Pizza, Route 57 in Mansfield; Mama’s Pizza and Café Baci, Mountain Ave. in Hackettstown, Leo’s Lunch Stand, Main Street in Hackettstown, and WRNJ Radio in Hackettstown.